Fresh Herbed Chicken BreastsThe fresh herbs in this recipe turn an ordinary chicken breast into a flavorful dish with added healthy benefits. It takes very little time and is well worth the little bit of extra effort, giving you another easy way to enjoy the chicken.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat broiler on high. Place ovenproof metal pan under broiler to get hot. Do not use glass or Pyrex for this.
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper. When pan is very hot (which takes about 5 minutes), put chicken in pan and return it to broiler. Turn heat to low. Don't put it too close to the heating element. It is best to put in middle of the oven, about 7 inches from the heat source. (Quick Broil) for about 15 minutes, or until done, depending on thickness of chicken.
- While chicken is cooking chop herbs.
- In a small skillet, add chopped herbs, lemon juice, broth, pressed garlic, salt, and pepper. Heat on medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- When chicken is done remove skin, slice, and place on platter. Drizzle herb sauce over chicken.