Seared Tuna SaladThis healthy salad is tasty and easy to prepare. The vegetables are a beautiful complement to the tuna along with the flavor of the dressing. The dressing is low in fat and the stovetop searing method for the tuna makes it even healthier because it uses no heated oils.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups (or 10 oz) mung bean sprouts
- 1 lb yellowfin or ahi tuna
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeds scooped out and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups snow peas, ends removed and cut in half
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup chopped scallion
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Rinse and dry mung bean sprouts. This can be done easily in a salad spinner. Lay out pile of sprouts on cutting board and chop a couple times. Place in a bowl and add rest of salad ingredients.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Preheat stainless steel 10-12 inch skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Rub tuna with lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper. Place on hot pan and cook for 11/2 minutes. Turn and cook another 11/2 minutes. This is our Stove top Searing cooking method. Cut tuna into 1-inch pieces and toss with rest of salad ingredients and dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.