Baked Potato with Rosemary, Mushroom SauceAdd mushrooms to your traditional baked potato for extra flavor and nutrition and enjoy its rich source of vitamin C, potassium, and manganese.
Prep and Cook Time: 1hr 15 min
- 4 medium baking potatoes, such as russet
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 TBS + 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- salt and pepper to taste
- *optional 2 oz Chevre goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Wash potatoes well, poke with a knife a few times, and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Soak porcini mushrooms in hot water until soft, and chop. Reserve mushroom water.
- Healthy Sauté onions over medium-low heat in medium sauté pan for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add crimini and porcini mushrooms and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste, mushroom water, 1/2 cup broth, and rosemary. Simmer for another 10 minutes, and season with salt and pepper. Cut baked potatoes in half and top with mushroom sauce and goat cheese.