Crimini Mushroom SautéThis flavorful and easy mushroom recipe can be served as a wonderful complement to many of your favorite dishes.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups whole small to medium crimini mushrooms. Remove ends of mushroom stems and wipe clean if necessary.
- 6 medium cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1/4 cup Tawny or regular Port
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice mushroom.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently. While onions are cooking, prepare rest of ingredients.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and rosemary to onions, and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in port and simmer for about 4 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.