5-Minute Fresh Plums in Sweet SaucePlum's myriad of colors are not only beautiful but add a wealth of health-promoting phytonutrients to your Healthiest Way of Eating. Combined with plums' very good source of vitamin C these phytonutrients provide powerful antioxidant protection against the oxidative damage to DNA and cellular structures caused by free radicals.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 plums
- 1 TBS apple juice
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 TBS chopped almonds or walnuts
- Slice plums lengthwise into eighths.
- In a small bowl, stir together the apple juice, honey, cinnamon and almond extract.
- Spoon mixture over plums.
- Top plums with chopped almonds or walnuts.