Fresh Tomato SalsaThis is a fresh tasting salsa that can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Use only vine ripened tomatoes if at all possible when they are in season for the best flavor. If there are any green seeds inside they are not ripe.
Prep and Cook Time: prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeds and excess pulp removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 4oz can diced jalapeno pepper. Start with a small amount and add to taste
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 2 TBS coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds
- 6 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients and serve.