Shrimp SaladKeep your kitchen cool with this easy-to-prepare salad— perfect for a hot summer day. The shrimp helps boost your intake of those hard-to-find omega-3 fatty acids, and keep inflammation at bay.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 TBS fresh chopped parsley
- 1 large firm ripe tomato, chopped, seeds and excess pulp removed
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Use a 3 quart saucepan filled halfway with water. Add salt to taste and 3 TBS of lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, peel shrimp. Make a slight slit down the back of each shrimp and rinse out black vein. Add to boiling water and cook just until they are pink, about 1-2 minutes.
- Dry shrimp with paper towels to remove excess water. If not, it will dilute the flavor. Make sure shrimp is well dried. Toss with rest of ingredients. If you can let them marinate in refrigerator for an hour they will be more flavorful.