Kidney Bean Salad with Mediterranean DressingThe dressing used in this salad is very versatile and can be used on many different vegetables.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ear of raw corn kernels
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 TBS fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
- Mediterranean Dressing
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and toss with 1/2 cup Mediterranean Dressing.
- Press garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, and pepper.
- Slowly pour the extra virgin olive oil into the mixture while whisking constantly. The more slowly you pour and the faster you whisk, the thicker and creamier the dressing will be.
The dressing will store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. It will solidify so you will need to bring it back to room temperature before using.
- Salad: Serves 2
- Dressing: Yields about 1-1/3 cup
Healthy Cooking Tips:
To add additional flavor and nutrition the dressing, you can add any of the following: minced basil or cilantro, minced onion, curry powder, honey, finely diced avocado or red bell pepper (if using avocado or bell pepper, use dressing immediately).
Alternative: Dressing ingredients can be added directly to vegetables or salads without whisking.