Peanut ShrimpInclude this easy-to-prepare dish you can enjoy in a matter of minutes as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating! The red coloring of shrimp is a reflection of health-promoting phytonutrients that provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant protection.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 lb medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 TBS + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of your favorite peanut sauce
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to Promote its Health Benefits
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rub shrimp with 2 TBS lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium-low heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add shrimp and sauté. Stir frequently. After 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic. Sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (approximately 3 minutes). Cook 4-5 minutes for large shrimp. Shrimp cook quickly, so watch your cooking time or they will become tough.
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil and the remaining 1 TBS lemon juice.
- Serve with mixed greens and top with your favorite peanut sauce.