Healthy Caesar SaladThis healthy version of Caesar salad has great flavor. For a complete dinner you can add cooked chicken breasts and toss in salad.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large head romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed & discarded
- * optional: 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 TBS tahini
- 1 2 oz can anchovies, drained of oil, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Rinse lettuce, cut into bite size pieces, and dry. Try to get lettuce as dry as possible so dressing is not diluted. It is best to use a salad spinner if you have one.
- Blend dressing ingredients together for 1-2 minutes, drizzling the olive oil in at the end a little at a time. Toss romaine lettuce with desired amount of dressing. Add walnuts and chicken if desired. There will be dressing left over, which will keep very well in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
Make sure your lettuce is well dried so you don't dilute the dressing.