10-Minute Energizing OatmealThis is a delicious complete breakfast and a perfect way to start your day!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Optional: sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, or molasses
- 1 TBS blackstrap molasses
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a saucepan, then turn the heat to low and add the oats.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly so that the oatmeal will not clump together. Add cinnamon, raisins and almonds, stir, cover the pan and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with milk and sweetener.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
If you are using prepackaged Oats, it is best to follow the directions on the package.