Asian Chicken SaladChicken breasts can be prepared beforehand or purchased pre-cooked to make this salad a very quick and easy luncheon sale with a wonderful mixture of flavors and textures. (Check out our [7-Minute Quick Broiled Chicken:recipe,247] recipe to prepare moist chicken in a matter of minutes.)
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat broiler. Place a stainless steel (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron skillet in the broiler, about 7 inches from the heat source, to get it very hot. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- If you are using hijiki or arame place it in a small bowl of hot water to soften for about 10 minutes.
- While pan is heating, thinly slice cabbage, and shred carrot. Carrot is easily shredded in food processor with shredding blade. Otherwise you can shred it by hand, or slice it thin. Chop cilantro and scallion cabbage and carrot mixture. Add sliced almonds. Squeeze excess water from hijiki, chop if needed, and add to salad.
- When pan is hot, about 10 minutes, remove from broiler, and place chicken in pan, skin side up, and return to broiler. Cook for about 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. This is our Quick Broil cooking method. When done and cool enough to touch, remove skin, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss with cabbage mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. (You can buy sesame seeds that are already toasted.)