4-Minute Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Kalamata OlivesHealthy Steaming is one of our Healthiest Way of Cooking methods that makes broccoli taste great as well as retaining its wonderful flavor. You will also be benefiting from the health-promoting sulfur compounds found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli.
Prep and Cook Time: 4 minutes
- 1 lb broccoli
- 3 TBS crumbled feta cheese
- 6 kalamata olives, sliced or chopped
- Mediterranean Dressing
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 red onion sliced, add to steamer with stems or 2 minutes before florets
- 5 drops soy sauce
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up in steamer, cut broccoli florets into quarters. Peel stems and cut into 1/4-inch pieces. Let florets and stems sit for 5 minutes.
- Press or finely chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Steam stems for 2 minutes before adding the florets.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss broccoli with the remaining ingredients and any of the optional ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.)