Asian-Flavored Broccoli with TofuYou can have a complete meatless meal in a matter of minutes when you add this Asian-inspired broccoli dish to your Healthiest Way of Eating.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb broccoli, florets cut into quarters
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 8 oz tofu cut into cubes
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS grated ginger
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up in steamer, cut broccoli florets into quarters and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. Also cut stems into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Press or finely chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and sliced carrots to steamer and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and steam for 5 more minutes.
- Toss with rest of ingredients.
Optional: To mellow the flavor of garlic, add garlic to steamer for the last 2 minutes of steaming.