Spicy Asian ShrimpSpice up your meal and spice up your health with this Asian shrimp recipe. This nutrient-rich dish contains over 40% of the daily value for selenium, vitamin C, protein, and vitamin D. It's another delicious meal that you can enjoy on our The Healthiest Way of Eating Plan.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 TBS + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rub shrimp with 2 TBS lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium-low heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add shrimp, red pepper flakes, orange juice, and ginger and sauté. Stir frequently. After 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic. Sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (approximately 3 minutes). Shrimp cook quickly, so watch your cooking time. They become tough if overcooked.
- Dress with the extra virgin olive oil and the remaining 1 TBS lemon juice.