5-Minute Healthy Sautéed Asparagus"Healthy Sauté" allows you to enjoy all of the great taste and health-promoting nutrients of asparagus while the easy Mediterranean Dressing enhances its delicate flavor.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Mediterranean Dressing:
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese
- Press or finely chop garlic and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth is heatiing, snap off the woody bottom of asparagus stems, then cut the spears into 2-inch lengths. Cutting them into short pieces of equal length ensures quick, even cooking.
- When broth begins to steam, add asparagus. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. The outside will be tender and the inside will be crisp. Thinner spears will take about 3 minutes. "Healthy Sauté" will concentrate both the flavor and nutrition of asparagus.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss asparagus with the remaining ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.)