5-Minute Boiled Large ShrimpBoiling Shrimp is quick and easy, and you can used boiled Shrimp in a variety of different recipes.(Taken from page 639 of the new World's Healthiest Foods book.)
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 lb large Shrimp
- 3 TBS + 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Press or finely chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Use a 3-quart saucepan filled halfway with water. Add salt to taste and 3 TBS lemon juice to the water and bring to a boil.
- Peel and devein Shrimp.
- When water is at a full boil, place Shrimp into the pan. Be extremely careful to avoid burning yourself when adding the Shrimp to the boiling water. Stir briefly, remove the pan from the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid. Steep small Shrimp for 1 minute, medium Shrimp for 3 minutes, and large Shrimp for 5 minutes. Cooked Shrimp look pink and are firm and opaque in the center. If the center is still translucent, steep for an addition 30 seconds covered. Remove Shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil, remaining lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.