Salmon with Maple Dijon GlazeAdd a tasty twist to our "Quick Broiled" Salmon with this easy-to-prepare glaze.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb salmon fillets, with skin, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tsp + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- For skinless salmon, reduce cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat fro about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5-7 inches from the heat source.
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp lemon juice , salt, and pepper.
- While pan is heating, whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Using a hot pad,pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides, so it will be done very quickly.
- When salmon has been cooking for 2 minutes, carefully remove from broiler, spread glaze on salmon, and return to broiler for the last 3 minutes of cooking time (or more depending on thickness).
- Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is bet when it is still pink inside. The skin will peel right off after cooking.