Tuna Salad Surprise without mayoThis unique way of preparing tuna salad with no mayonnaise is a perfect addition to your World's Healthiest Foods Menu.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 2 TBS walnuts, chopped
- 2 TBS parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can tuna packed in water
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 TBS dried sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS silken tofu
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at end (to incorporate). Blend well to make sure sunflower seeds are ground.
- Mix tuna, celery, walnuts, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Mix dressing with tuna mixture. Serve on bed of chopped romaine lettuce with diced tomato.