Miso Healthy SautéMiso is a great way to extra flavor and nutrition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. This versatile Healthy Sauté recipe can be adapted to any of your favorite vegetables or whatever you may have on hand—in fact the more variety, the more nutritional value. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Chop onion and press garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Rinse and soak hijiki or arame seaweed in about 3/4 cup hot water, and chop rest of the vegetables. After about 10 minutes squeeze hijiki to remove excess water. Save the water.
- Heat 1TBS of seaweed water in a stainless steel wok, or large skillet. Healthy Sauté onion and carrots in seaweed water over medium-high heat, for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic and ginger. Continue to stir constantly. Ginger may stick a little to the pan. Don't worry about it. It will come up when liquid is added. After about 2 minutes add broccoli. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, miso dissolved in 2 TBS seaweed water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hijiki or arame, and tofu.
- Continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.