Curried Chicken Over SpinachThis is a great tasting dish that requires little work. The curry coconut complements the flavor of spinach and you can easily include more vegetables. Just increase the amount of sauce slightly and add along with the bell peppers.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces (6oz each)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 TBS fresh ginger chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper julienne about 1 inch long
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, make sure it is mixed well before using
- 4 bunches fresh spinach
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil for spinach. While water is coming to a boil, cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Healthy Sauté onion in a medium sauté pan over medium low heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and fresh ginger and continue to sauté for another minute. Add turmeric, and curry and mix well. Add stock, chicken, and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes and add bell peppers and other vegetables you desire. Cook until chicken is done, about another 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cut ends off the bunch of spinach all at once. Don't bother trying to do it one stem at a time. It will take you too long and it is not necessary. Rinse spinach well and drop into boiling water for just 1 minute. Strain and press dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on plates and top with chicken mixture.
For optimum flavor and nutrition serve with: