Great Antipasto SaladIt's great to have a salad on hand to enjoy as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating. And this one actually gets better with time; it will keep in the refrigerator for one week. It's also an excellent source of health-promoting health vitamin A; one serving provides 305% of the daily value for this important nutrient. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: prep time: 15 min; marinating time: 15 min
- 2 cups carrots, turned
- 1-1/2 cups thickly sliced celery
- 1 cup fresh sliced fennel bulb
- 2 TBS rinsed and quartered Kalamata olives
- 2 TBS capers, rinsed
- 1-1/2 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1-1/2TBS fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting benefits.
- Bring water to boil in steamer and add carrots and steam for 4 minutes. Add celery and fennel and steam for just 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl with capers and olives.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, drizzling olive oil at end a little at a time.
- Toss with vegetables and marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.