Breakfast Shortcuts with the World's Healthiest Foods
Savoring our Breakfast Frittatas or Poached Huevos Rancheros might be your preferred breakfast to start off the day. Yet, we know there will be many days when you don't have the time to prepare such a recipe or thought you did but discover you're suddenly behind schedule.
These are the days when a healthy breakfast shortcut can come to your rescue. After all, you don't want your shortcut to be a breakfast that contains processed carbohydrate-laden foods (or eat no breakfast at all). After all, a breakfast of nutrient-rich foods are your best bet for winning your way through a hectic day.
You don't have to cut yourself short on breakfast. Just choose among some simpler versions of breakfasts made with the World's Healthiest Foods that can be ready and waiting for you on a time-crunched morning:
- A piece of fresh fruit accompanied by some cheese and/or a handful of nuts.
- A slice of whole grain bread topped with a tablespoon of nut butter.
- A cup of yogurt topped with nuts and berries.
- Whole grain cereal topped with nuts and sliced banana.
- Oatmeal can be quick-to-make and you don't have to use instant oats for it to be convenient. Cooking rolled oats only takes about 5 minutes. Topped with fruit, nuts or seeds, and some cinnamon, oatmeal is a delicious way to start the day.
- Keep a few hard-boiled eggs, preferably organic, on hand in your refrigerator. Rich in protein and hard-to-find important brain nutrients like choline, eggs are well nicknamed "the perfect food." A piece of whole grain toast, topped with a teaspoon of organic butter and a hard-boiled egg will keep your brain fueled throughout a hectic morning.
- Consider a blenderized smoothie made with the World's Healthiest Foods. Add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter, a cup of milk (dairy or dairy-free, a cup of frozen berries or a banana, and maybe a teaspoon or two of blackstrap molasses to your blender. Blend until smooth and you'll have a morning's worth of healthy nutrition.
- Consider re-thinking your idea of breakfast. A nut butter and honey whole wheat bread sandwich made and refrigerated the night before; a cup of cooked garbanzo beans, warmed up and seasoned with a little olive oil or butter and turmeric; or leftovers from last night's deliciously healthy dinner can make a very satisfying, ready-to-go breakfast.
Regardless of the breakfast you choose, give yourself the best start in your hectic day: choose a breakfast made with the World's Healthiest Foods.