Salmon is rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. You can make this elegant and tasty dinner in minutes. This dish keeps well until the next day.
Note: You will need to prepare 1/2 cup cooked quinoa for this meal. This can be done ahead of time. Follow the directions on the package for best results.
Note: You will need to prepare 1 cup quinoa for this meal. This can be done ahead of time. Follow the directions on the package for best results.
Prep and Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- (You can start the quinoa first and it will be done about the same time the dish.)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 4 oz salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts (canned or bottled), sliced
- 1-1/2 cup broccoli, see instructions below
- 2 TBS minced basil
- 2 TBS minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Serve over 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Slice onion and chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Separate broccoli florets with small stems from the large, thick stem. Slice smaller stems into 1/4-inch pieces. Slice florets into 4-6 pieces. (You can also do this step in the food processor, using the s-blade and pulsing until evenly chopped. Be careful not to over-process.)
- Measure out 1/3 cup broth. Heat 3 TBS of the broth in a covered skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté onion in the broth, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and remaining broth, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, salmon, tomatoes, artichokes, and cook covered, for 2-3 minutes or until fish is flaky.
- Turn off heat and add basil, parsley, chili flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Serve with hot quinoa.
- Serve with hot quinoa.
Note: If you wish to use the large broccoli stem, cut off the bottom 1 inch of the stem. Peel the tough skin off the stem. Chop stem into 1/4-inch pieces and cook with test of broccoli.